As you’re building your email list, don’t forget to welcome new subscribers. Consider creating a welcome email.Their interest is at a peak: they’ve just taken action on it! Reaffirm that they’ve made the right decision to opt in to your contact list. Depending on your business, you may want to include all or some of the following:
- Welcome them to your tribe or your community.
- Set expectations of what they will get from you.
- Provide an overview of your services, next steps or ways to connect with customer service.
- Include a video, a white paper or an FAQ.
- Make it personal and friendly.
- Don’t make it too long, and don’t forget to say “Thank you!”
Want to see an example? Sign up for my email list and check out my welcome email that includes a freebie: 60 Ways to Grow Your Email List download. Other great examples:
- AirBNB – includes next steps and a double opt-in
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels – includes a coupon
- Amazon – includes an overview
These don’t have to be hard to create if you are using an email service platform. My favorite is Constant Contact 🙂 Let me know if I can help.