PfitzPR was founded in 1998 by Debi Pfitzenmaier, an award-winner writer with more than 25 years experience in implementing communication strategies with emphasis on media relations, corporation promotion management and social media integration. Rather than growing the firm into a multi-faceted, full-service agency that does it all, Debi chose instead to work with a small group of select clients in long-term relationships. Together, they accomplish more than they ever could individually.
Debi built her national media relations skills on a foundation in disaster communications as a member of The American Red Cross National Disaster Public Affairs, Rapid Response and public affairs instructors teams, responding to natural and man-made crises from Alaska to the Caribbean Islands and teaching others to do the same. Before joining the Red Cross, she taught English in China, worked in the ad agency business, sold dishes for a living and once wore a chicken suit as part of her job at a radio station.
With a BA in psychology and minors in English and Journalism from The University of Texas at Austin, Debi is a frequent lecturer at workshops, lunches and college classes in the areas of social media, crisis communication, entrepreneurship and media relations. She blogged regularly for the San Antonio Express-News and KENS5.com and is active on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media channels. She is member of the Founding Mothers Advisory Board of the National Wildlife Federation and loves experimenting with new media tools that can be used to build community. In 2011, she was honored with a Texas Social Media Award by the Austin American Statesman. And was named San Antonio’s best blogger in 2012 by San Antonio Magazine for her blog, SABusyKids.com, which she sold in 2014.
Debi’s passion is working long-term with great clients and journalists (both traditional and citizen) who seek to make the world a better place.
Debi’s smile file includes…..
- City’s Best Blogger, San Antonio Magazine (2012)
- WOAI 2010 Top San Antonio Mommy Blogs
- National Wildlife Foundation Founding Mother (2010)
- Recipient, Texas Social Media Awards, Austin American Statesman (2011)
- Texas Public Relations Association (TPRA) Best of Texas Silver and Bronze awards (2006)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) La Plata and El Bronce trophies and certificate of merit (multi-years)
- Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Best Practices (2006)
- Guest blogger, Sanera PDC March Marketing Madness, How to Snag Traditional Media Coverage
- Guest blogger, San Antonio Area Foundation, Thinking Differently About Social Media
- Quoted in Mashable, CNN iReports, NPR
For a list of upcoming speaking engagements, visit Debi’s Speaking Page.
“Debi is always an engaging, informative and entertaining speaker. She gives very valuable information in a manner that is understood by individuals who may not carry the communications role on a regular basis.” ~ UTSA Center for Policy Studies